May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your face, may the rain fall soft upon your face. And until we meet again, until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

a fun week and a fabulous weekend

***spell check would not work when posting this one....sorry:(

Last week was full of lots of fun and capped off with a fantastic weekend!

William and I tried to go to a class at the library three times last week....and each time he either was still napping or didn't nap at all and was in a MOOD! Bummer....I think we will try again this week!

We had a lunch date with Aunt Audrey...William was so excited to get out and see his aunt. I think he even flashed her a few smiles. He is such a flirt when we go places sometimes. It makes me giggle!

Audrey and I talked about lots of baby things and I got some ideas for her baby shower. We are so excited about baby girl C and can't wait to have a little more pink in our lives!

After lunch we hopped over to a new baby store in town....Layette.  A friend of mine is working there and it was opened by a local gal who I know from my days at Hip Hip....the store is AWESOME! It is laid out really well and very inviting....the fixtures and "closets" are very New Yorkish and Marie Chantal....they have great clothes and an even cuter gift selection. You have got to go check it out next time you're in town!

Last week was also my week of marathon cooking....not sure how it ended up that way but I had lots to do. I was making dinner for a few friends and then decided to make a few more servings of it to freeze for me and Orie. This was smart but also very stupid! I was exhausted and the kitchen was a disaster. It was also on one of the days when William just didn't think he needed a nap but also couldn't play very well....no fun at all!  In the end though I had a fabulous dinner to take to friends, some freezer dinners for our house and I had dinner all ready for my Friday night company (I'll get to them in a minute!)

Later on in the week was also the Smocked Auctions sample sale. It was fabulous! Some of you might still think I'm crazy about these sample sales but it is really the only way I can afford to dress William in the clothes I want him to wear...on a daily basis. So I was all ready....I had the Baby Bjorn ready...William was up and fed and ready to start his day...and off we went to the ballroom at the Radisson Hotel. When I arrived, a little early because that is what you do at these sort of things, there was already a major line. For a brief moment I questioned myself....was I really one of these crazies? (just tune in to the facebook auctions on tuesday and thursday night and you'll know what I mean) Thank goodness this thought didn't last long, I would have missed out on some major goodies....! While I was standing in line one of the owners saw me and said I didn't know you had a baby....it was so funny because all of the sudden the girls around me thought I was indeed a celebrity of some sort. ONe girl even asked me if I was Sarah Lee....I think you'll only get this if you tune in to the facebook auctions! I couldn't help but giggle as I said no...I just know Nicole from my old job! ONce inside I swooped up some goodies for William and a sussy for August....then I shopped for a friend of mine and her little boy coming this summer. It was so fun! I love getting to see all the cute outfits and at a great price. It's also funny to watch all the other people shop - especially the girl moms. THey are crazy!   Afterwards we went and showed off our goodies to Amy...my friend who totally gets it....she approved!

the madness

Friday afternoon William had his 6 month check up with Dr. S.....everything was great and he is still growing really well....Dr. S reminds me every time that this is going to be a big boy (as if I didn't already know)!!!  He got another shot and this time didn't even blink, cry, flinch, squirm, moan, whine....nothing....I am not quite sure what to  make of this.....for now - my little guy is tough!

After William's appointment we decided to head down to the West Village and meet up with our out of towners for the weekend....we arrived at Burger Bar and saw Tess, Aunt Gail, Aunt Kat and August....William was snoozing but I was excited to hang! We shopped the shops and had coffee at Starbucks. It was such a fun afternoon.

shopping wears a girl out...

I thne headed home to get dinner ready and wait for our guests to come over. We had spanikopita appetizers and then chicken lasagna roll ups with a lopsided bundt cake for dessert. Dinner was so fun!  Gail approved of my house and looked around for all her goodies she has given me...I am sure this does not shock anyone in my family!

yummy!


Mom and Gail headed off to their hotel adn Aunt Kat, Uncle Josh and August stayed at our casa. The rest of the evening was spent getting Kat and Josh ready for their hot chocolate race the next morning. They are really doing great with their half marathon training..I'm just glad part of the training brought them to Dallas!

run kat...run josh...run

They woke up early the next morning for the race and brrr was it cold outside. We decided not to bring the babies to the finish line.....so instead we had a morning of play time with August and William. It was SO MUCH FUN!
after the Diva's morning bottle

Our sweet Diva...or at least that is what I like to call her:) had so much fun exploring William's toys. She thought the blocks were a big hit...she kept digging inside the container trying to find something else. It was really funny! 

what else do you have william?

uncle orie and aunt di decided that twin moms are heroes...and don't get nearly as much respect as they deserve!


 my prince and my diva....holding hands

 i'll take a G pat

this block is so good

you mean i can chew on this too?

i'll push you first....

well then i'll kiss you first....

this one we might get in trouble for one day....but for now it's hysterical!

you push me....i'll grab your whole head with my giant hands

well then i'll pull your ear....

the diva makes me smile mom....

but i'm going to get her....

oh wait....she got my head and my face....oh brother....

i guess we better get back to playing....



ONce William went down for a nap august and I really got to play. This is when I discovered that the diva was about to crawl across my floor! No kidding, I was freaking out because Kat and Josh were not back and I just knew she was going to crawl. So, I snapped a pic instead....Kat said she likes to get up on all fours but she really doesn't do anymore than that.....this calmed me a little bit. The Diva had different plans the next morning though.....she got on all fours again and Kat and I were watching and sure enough....she crawled.....it was fabulous! I love that big things happen in Dallas - surely this will keep people coming back right?

practicing

this is the moment i really thought she was about to take off!

During the day on Saturday we headed to the mall with everyone and did a little shopping...then the boys went home with the babies and the girsl went to get pedicrues and manicures. It was so fun! We shopped a little more afte rthat...made a secret stop to sit around a table and enjoy a little vino over beuatiful chit chat...and then  joined the boys and babies for dinner at Mi Cocina. The day was perfect! Oh how I love it when people come to visit!

On Sunday we had to say bye bye to our guests....the rest of the day was just sort of gloomy....

It was super cold so Orie built a nice fire and we just played the day away with William.....



What have you been up to lately? Any fun house guests?






No comments: