such a sweet smile
but don't forget my serious side...sometimes I am all business
this is kind of fun mom...
I guess I'll just hang out here while you take some pics
kurplunk....I can't quite sit up yet....
and my teeth hurt...so this rattle tastes fabulous!
Remember that baby blog I wrote about say....9 months + 5 months ago....the one I was keeping for my sweet baby? Well....here's an excerpt....a sneak peek....maybe one day you'll get to read more:) This was when I was about 5 months pregnant.....
How
Far Along: 23 weeks 4.7.2011
Size
of Mommy: down .2 pounds from last week.....down 3.6 from pre prego
weight
Size
of baby: a little over 11 inches and a little over a pound....a large
mango (I think you were already a mango at a different week...this
week a large one....your daddy and I are confused by this....we think
they mean the really big mangos we might see on a beach vacation
somewhere in Mexico!)
Gender:
still a sweet baby boy and we couldn't be happier!
Movement:
I guess you sensed that your mommy needed some movement to feel
better about everything because you were going to town last night and
this morning...I think you may have shifted a little from over on
the right side of my tummy....anxious to see at an ultrasound if I
ever get another one:(
Sleep:
last night not great – maybe because I napped kind of late in the
afternoon and daddy was snoring ALL NIGHT LONG...other than that
night I have been sleeping much better!
Cravings:
nothing much again....saw another Red Lobster commercial and still
want Lobster badly!
Symptoms:
a little pain in the upper right part of my abdomen...not sure if
it's you or just pressure and weight....feeling a little dizzy this
week also...definitely feeling tired after a long weekend trip to
shreveport with no naps!
Best
Moment of the Week: We were in Shreveport for Audrey's wedding and I
got to stay and play with everyone after the weekend....mom and I did
lots of stuff for your nursery and even got your cornice boards
assembled...they are gorgeous...the curtains are chosen and ready
to be cut and stitched by Janet! We even bought the canvas for your
monogrammed artwork....I took back with me the cradle that Ethan and
Cooper slept in and the travel swing that we won at game night....it
was a car full of baby stuff.....planning for you is so fun!
Random:
We got a present in the mail for you...it was a shower gift from Kate
Chaney Montgomery who can't be at the shower....it's your Ocean
Wonders bouncer seat....it was so fun to have a package and to open
it! What a nice surprise!
We
are still so happy about our baby boy coming in August and I can't
wait to lay eyes on you!
Also....I
ordered your diaper bag and your baby luggage...it's going to be
fabulous...all blue gingham and I will add a monogram and design of
some sort...i got you a diaper tote, a duffel bag, a garment bag and
a changing pad....I am so excited!
4.10.2011
– Today we finally got the treadmill out of your room and into
ours...yippee! Your Dad did a great job and I was a great helper of
course....now your room is really coming together with furniture in
place....just waiting on a crib, window coverings and a glider!
Yesterday
when the LSU spring game was on television you were moving around
like crazy....I take that as a sign that you will be a huge LSU
Tigers fan!
I
have been giving in to some cravings in food lately like lobster and
ice cream....all of which were delicious but definitely made me feel
so sick...sorry kiddo!
4.11.2011
– Today I am marking down as the first official day that I have
SEEN you move in my tummy...it was really fun....I think it has
happened a few times before but this morning your movements were
strong and created a little bounce in my stomach....I told your
daddy that I think he might be able to feel it and see it if you put
on a show again tonight....so that's what I'm hoping for! You are so
fun already and you're not even here!
I
was filling out some of your baby book pages the other day and
e-mailed Gammie to find out some official names and spellings....she
sent me back the list but on Darlin's name she just put Ruth
H H without a middle name....I asked her what was
Darlin's middle name and she had a great story to tell....She said
that Darlin had another name, it was actually her first name but she
hated it....she wouldn't tell anyone her name...she said she was so
stubborn that she wouldn't even tell doctors her weight when they
were prescribing medication! So Gammie called Judy to ask her about
this and Judy said she just didn't know if they should give out her
first name...Judy didn't want Darlin to be mad at her....She told
Gammie that she could call Deborah and if Deborah said it was okay
to give it out then that would be fine....so Gammie called Deborah
and Deborah said oh no...she wouldn't want anyone to know that name!
I was shocked and laughing by this story....I said surely Big Orie
(Grumpus) know her name....then Gammie said that her name was *^$&$# but she wouldn't want anyone to know it and I couldn't talk about
it....we laughed that it was funny how she was still controlling
things even from the grave....I didn't know Darlin but apparently she
was stubborn and controlling...so if you get these traits they are
from the H side not me! So....I did not put her full name in
your baby book but thought you should know that
story....also....please don't be stubborn!
I
booked our prenatal visit at Dr. S Pediatrician's office
today....so excited...we go on Friday to tour it and check him
out....your Aunt Jen and Miss Amy have strongly recommended
him...hope we like him too! He is at %#@!
4.12.2011
– Today you were moving like crazy and I videoed it and sent it to
your daddy...he finally got to see you wiggle around...it was very
cool! You have been very busy today!
Also....your
Gammie has changed her grandmother name to Nana.....so we are going
with Nana from here on....I like it too...I had a Nana and I think
Debbie will be a great Nana!

No comments:
Post a Comment