We had a great Sunday and are enjoying our Monday and day off!! Yesterday we had a little bit of park time with Grace and then headed to midtown to get Orie some new shoes (more to come on the old ones later!) We picked up 2 new pairs on sale at Cole Haan and then were off for a little strolling. We enjoyed a champagne truffle at Rock Center (sorry Rodney!!!) It was delicious. We strolled home and enjoyed a fantastic evening.
We stopped off at Pier One to look at these outdoor wicker chairs that I had seen. I had mistakenly thought they were half the price of what they actually are...so I am hoping that the economy will take another downturn and Pier One will have to put these chairs on sale for 50% off!!!!! Once I get the chairs the economy can go back up! Orie thinks my thinking is not so great on this one!
Today we took Grace to Central Park and enjoyed the trails. We took her off leash and threw stick after stick after stick. She had a blast and was filthy from all the yucky mud and damp ground from all of the melted snow. Orie also showed me how I can walk home through the park from work. I am hoping the weather will get nice soon and I can start enjoying an afternoon stroll home through the park instead of the lovely city bus. It didn't seem to take that long...probably 38 minutes door to door which is about what it takes to take the bus. I will be thrilled when the weather warms up! When I tried to do this before, I took the wrong route and it took forever. I wasn't really sure where I was going either! Having him show me was a big help.
We have now cleaned our apartment and are about to go to the grocery store. Wow - reality sets in quickly but we had a great weekend of quality time...I hope it continues forever!
Happy President's Day!
Dog Sitting Murphy
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment