May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your face, may the rain fall soft upon your face. And until we meet again, until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Friday, August 5, 2011

The Aveda Institute

ahh....what a little treat that I just discovered....the Aveda Institute....

This is basically a spa school where you can receive services from students undergoing supervision....this means it's much less expensive and they are trying super hard! It was a win win for me yesterday on my visit. I got almost an hour and a half service for $40....WOO HOO!

I basically called the salon and said that I was 40 weeks pregnant and I needed to be pampered...what did they have.....she said I have a 4:00 facial and I said - SOLD....

It was perfection...and felt like it went on forever and forever.....it even included a little hand/arm/neck/foot massage....oh wait...did I say foot massage....that's a mistake...they wouldn't give me the foot massage. The girl said that since I was pregnant she wouldn't mess with my feet and I said no it's fine....well when her instructor came by to review everything she let me know that they wouldn't be able to focus on the feet because I was 40 weeks pregnant and they didn't want to trigger labor....I let them know I was totally okay with triggering labor, I would sign a waiver, whatever I needed to do....NO GO...she assured me she would just focus on the other areas longer - BUMMER....i tried though....
When reviewing my skin needs and going over what facial treatment I would receive I just kept saying that I was there to feel like goo and completely be pampered! I am sure the girl thought I was a little wackadoo....

It was the perfect way to spend a hot afternoon too.....it also got my wheels rolling for how I was going to spend the next few days waiting on baby....I was thinking either a complete spa day or maybe a little something else that involves a swimming pool....we'll have to see what else is in store for us this weekend....I'm sure it will be fun!

Hope your weekend is grand....enjoy it....all 110 degrees of it!

No comments: