May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your face, may the rain fall soft upon your face. And until we meet again, until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

SOLD.....

I know we have mentioned the possibilities of becoming homeowners....but it is finally official! Orie and I are thrilled to say that on February 10th we will officially own a home in Dallas. It is so cute and we are so excited about the possibilities for us and a family one day. There is a huge tree in the backyard that we know Grace will love in the mean time. I see many squirrel hunts in her future!

We spent much of the weekend appliance shopping and discussing furniture and paint colors....we are so excited! Painting walls and having multiple rooms to furnish is not something we are used to after three apartments in NYC.

I have already purchased several pieces from The Estate Exchange in Bossier City....they're currently living in mom and dad's garage (thanks dad....i know you don't like to give up your man room:)) and I can't wait to bring them over to our house soon. I'm not sure that Orie understands what kind of trouble my mom and I can get in to when furnishing and decorating a home....I guess I just won't show the receipts!!! Our house is such a hodge podge (sp?) of great finds and I wouldn't have it any other way. My mom calls my style "eclectic." I'm sure this doesn't shock anyone who knows my personality!

Come visit us when you're in Dallas next time....and for those who visited us in NYC....we will now have a considerably larger sitting area!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the house!! We are so happy for yall! I got your email about Bix and Fiona's blog and I remembered yall have one! Hope all is well and hope to see yall soon!!

Kimberly and Jarrod
Kosmo too!